For the longest time since childhood, I was obsessed with cheese and tomato pasta. This was one of the few select dishes that I would eat with my fussy infantile taste-buds. It was always an exciting treat to have Cellentani pasta as I was obsessed with the fun corkscrew-shape and ridges. My favorite tomato and cheese sauce would meander perfectly around the helical tube shape. A big plate of cheesy tomato pasta now always brings back fond memories of sitting in my childhood home kitchen and gazing out through the window at the frost covered fence on a chilly winter day contemplating the future. Which often involved some serious decisions to ponder such as was what toy I should ask Santa for. What was your favorite childhood dish?
Serves 2- 3
- Cellentani pasta 3 cups
- crushed tomato (18oz / 2 cups)
- Swiss cheese (1 cup)
- garlic (minced)
- 2-3 basil leaves (chopped)
- salt (pinch)
- pepper (pinch)
- olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Coat a non-stick pan with olive oil
- Saute minced garlic over a medium heat
- Add crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and cook until almost melted.
- Mix in cooked pasta and coat in sauce.
- Plate and garnish with basil.
3 thoughts on “Creamy Cheese and Tomato Pasta”
Looks delicious – definitely comfort food. Mine was a steaming hot bowl of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich :).
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you so much. Yummy a steaming hot bowl of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich sounds amazing .
LikeLiked by 1 person