This is a scrumptious healthy lunch or dinner option that is loaded with lots of yummy variety and textures. The deliciously caramelized eggplant also has a luscious creamy center in the middle. The combination of pan-fried mackerel, boiled egg, diced carrots, fragrant Jasmine rice and shredded collard greens, colorfully elevate this otherwise minimalist dish.
- 1.5 cups Jasmine rice
- 2 Mackerel fillet
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Organic collard green (Spring greens)
- 1 Asian eggplant
- 1 Organic carrot
- 1.5 tbsp Dashi Miso
- 1 tbsp Mirin
How to make a Healthy Miso Eggplant, Mackerel and Rice Bowl
- Wash and cook Jasmine rice according to packaging instructions.
- In a pot boil 2 eggs for 8 minutes. Peel and cut in half.
- Wash and drain the carrot, eggplant, and collard greens.
- Dice the carrot into small pieces and set aside.
- Shred the collard greens
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise in half and this cut into smaller 3-inch pieces.
- Score a crisscross pattern halfway through the eggplant
- In a small bowl mix the Dashi Miso and mirin together into a smooth paste.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the eggplant and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes depending on the size or until tender.
- In a non-stick pan lightly pan-fry the mackerel fillets until fully cooked.
- Sauté the carrots and collard greens until tender.
- Assemble all the cooked ingredients in a bowl/plate and enjoy.